1 Jar Fruit Mince Meat
1 Sweet Short Crust Pastry
Cake Flour to Roll
Icing Sugar to Dust
1 Egg mixed with 1 tablespoon Water
1. Preheat oven to 160 Deg.
2. Roll pastry to 2mm thick and cut out rounds slightly bigger than pan size.
Line pan with rounds and allow to rest in fridge for ½ hour.
3. Place 1tsp of mincemeat inside pastry shell and set aside.
4. Roll out rest of pastry and cut out stars big enough to fit over shell.
5. Brush egg over bottom of star and secure on top of shell. Brush again with egg.
6. Bake until light golden.
7. Allow to cool in tin before removing.
8. Dust with icing sugar.
9. May be stored in airtight container for up to a month.
Makes 30 small tarts.